Sunday, August 12, 2012




The Gospel Messenger


Although the gospel “it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes “ (Rom. 1:16), we better honor God and can be more effective as soul-winners. if we present the gospel message in a manner that conveys the heart that God has for people.

Point #1: Convey the love that God has for them.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)

Some indeed preach Christ from envy and rivalry, but others from good will.
 The latter do it out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely
 but thinking to afflict me in my imprisonment.  (Philippians 1:15–18)

Point #2: Convey the mercy of God toward them.

“And you must show mercy to those whose faith is wavering. Rescue others by snatching them from the flames of judgment. Show mercy to still others, but do so with great caution, hating the sins that contaminate their lives.” Jude 1:22,23)

 Point #3: Don’t argue with those who oppose the gospel message.
 Some may seem to be opposing the message but are actually testing you to see if it is real, and even if you really believe it. In any case,

Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people's hearts, and they will learn the truth.  Then they will come to their senses and escape from the devil's trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants (2 Tim. 2:25-26).

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.” (Prov. 15:1a).

Point #4: Be personable and relatable in the way you communicate to people.

 Find common ground of agreement. The Apostle Paul serves as an example to us:

Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. (1 Cor. 9:19-22)

Until next blog posting..., “occupy until He comes”.

                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment